How Civitas Press Works
- You’ve Got A Book: You have an idea for a book. It’s somewhere between a rough sketch and a completed manuscript.
- Initial Review: You submit a two-page presentation and your initial manuscript for review.
- Acquisition: If we believe we can add value to your project, we acquire the publishing rights to your book and begin the process.
- The Big Idea: Each manuscript is reviewed for the big idea, logical development of the idea, and ways to increase its impact. We work with you the writer to strengthen your voice.
- Fine-Tuning: Once the manuscript is well developed, the project undergoes a fine tune editing.
- Production: Once the manuscript is complete, we develop the production document and the final cover for traditional and electronic distribution.
- Marketing: Right from the beginning, we partner with you to discover and leverage a cost-effective marketing strategy that would best suit your book. This includes web promotions, social media, advertising, media, and speaking events. We work with you to define key influencers and reviewers so you can get the word out.
- Networking: Civitas works with each of its authors to share and network marketing efforts, reviews, advertising opportunities, learning opportunities.
- Royalties: Once the book is in print, Civitas recoups the initial project costs from preliminary sales. Once the project costs have been covered, the author retains 60% of net receipts.